Oh. My. God. This. Wig.
This has, by far, been one of my biggest challenges to date. The commissioner sent me a wig she had been working on which, thank god, it was a beautiful beautiful base from Epic Wig. I wont lie, they sell some of the nicest wigs ever (they’re just typically too expensive for me to buy from). Also, props to the commissioner for even attempting this challenging of a wig so bravely. Seriously, fearless.
So I clean up the wig which was a little difficult because gel can be a huge pain in the ass to get out of wigs once it’s in there. But, being that this is an epic wig and the commissioner sent me the wig before she got very far, it all came out pretty well for the most part. There was just some bumpiness I couldn’t seem to heat wash out of the top of the wig.
Anyway! Then I set to work on the curls.
Now… I started with the typical Big Drill Wig tutorials which include: tape, glue, wire and half your soul.
This only sort of worked.
Actually… it mostly didn’t work at all because the curls kept coming undone and the look was rough at best. Not something I could be proud of even a little. About 5 curls in (and this took me weeks to do) I decided that I HAD to do something else because this just wasn’t working and there was no way I could hand over a commission looking like this.
So, I went boldly in another direction; one in which I had gleaned from a blurry scan of a magazine page about princess curls. Obviously, I promised the Cosplay Gods a pint of blood if it meant that this wouldn’t ruin the wig. What did I do? I used clear, fast drying, calking silicone. Seriously… imagine my trepidation.
If this had been MY wig? No worries. But this was a NICE wig from a Commissioner which meant… NO room for fatal errors.
To my surprise, it worked beautifully.
And then to my great sorrow, I realized I had to brush out the other five curls that had taken me weeks to do.
I did it and cried the whole time. On the up side, the silicone process took less time to do and I managed to get two or three curls a day done.
And in the end… the first picture is the finished project. Please enjoy it. Please?
And reblog just so I can feel better while I recover from that pint of blood loss. lol
- blueofthebay likes this
- vomitingstars-justeverywhere likes this
- hermetically-sealed likes this
- myfuckingchocolatefactory likes this
- kaygirl599 likes this
- zenturtle likes this
- takokotakopus reblogged this from antiquity-dreams
- daydreamerfluttershysparkle likes this
- shikshin80 likes this
- sweetalissum reblogged this from antiquity-dreams and added:
- sweetalissum likes this
- ladybutterflynebula reblogged this from antiquity-dreams and added:
- ladybutterflynebula likes this
- sasuxsaku likes this
- jac-ofall-trades likes this
- hello-batty likes this
- ocllothenymph likes this
- ib-the-red-rose likes this
- yaoioneechyan reblogged this from antiquity-dreams
- avieur likes this
- yaoioneechyan likes this
- fireyfobbitmedicine likes this
- mippy87 likes this
- catzillamonster likes this
- thebrenda-wolfiemolly likes this
- galaxeys likes this
- 949520 reblogged this from antiquity-dreams
- 949520 likes this
- shinomeki-miwa likes this
- still-i-cant-be-still likes this
- rainbow-rex likes this
- hiko-3-usagi likes this
- milksweetqueen likes this
- thecommodity likes this
- esoterictaste likes this
- sapphyresunset likes this
- katplanet likes this
- shinypelipper likes this
- deliciouscandles reblogged this from antiquity-dreams and added:
- su-bunny-k reblogged this from antiquity-dreams
- kimyoshiko likes this
- ckcb825 reblogged this from queen-of-hearts92
- queen-of-hearts92 reblogged this from antiquity-dreams
- garuda-king likes this
- archduchessofanime likes this
- bloodyredwinter likes this
- chiquorinha likes this
- sugabaybee reblogged this from antiquity-dreams
- sugabaybee likes this